Safety is PowerSouth’s number-one value. When enjoying the recreational opportunities at Gantt and Point A lakes, please do so with safety as your top priority.
- Be aware that the generation schedule for PowerSouth’s hydroelectric dams and subsequent water releases from the dams are subject to change without notice.
- Never approach the dam or powerhouse.
- Areas above and below the dams are hazardous due to turbulent water conditions.
- Be alert at all times for changing water levels and conditions such as strong undercurrents and turbulent or swirling water.
- Water currents are unpredictable.
- Beware of submerged hazards, slippery surfaces and rapidly rising water.
- Obey all boating safety laws.
- Excavation and/or digging in the lake bed is strictly prohibited.
- Use of PowerSouth Energy Cooperative’s recreational facilities and entrance into the waters of the lakes is at your own risk. PowerSouth Energy Cooperative will not be held liable for any hazardous conditions that may exist on the premises, any accidents that may occur, injury to persons or damage to property while you are visiting PowerSouth’s Recreational Facilities. Any conditions that you believe may be hazardous should be reported immediately to PowerSouth at (334) 427-3000.