- WARNING: Water conditions in this area are subject to change without further notice. Life jackets should be worn at all times when entering the river below Gantt and Point A dams. To ensure your safety, follow all posted signs pertaining to the lakes and PowerSouth’s Recreational Facilities. Please review PowerSouth’s Lake Information – Safety page for more information.
- No Littering! If you carry anything into PowerSouth’s Recreational Facilities, please dispose of it appropriately in the trash receptacles provided. If there are no trash receptacles available, please take your trash with you.
- Hours of operation are from dawn to dusk.
- No overnight camping is allowed except for the designated areas at Point A Campground. Please see pointalake.com to make your reservation.
- PowerSouth’s Recreational Facilities are not to be used for any immoral or illegal purpose. These facilities are intended for wholesome recreational uses only and may not be used for commercial purposes.
- Do not use any fireworks, fire pits, explosives or flammable devices at PowerSouth’s recreational facilities.
- Use of PowerSouth Energy Cooperative’s recreational facilities and entrance into the waters of the lakes is at your own risk. PowerSouth Energy Cooperative will not be held liable for any hazardous conditions that may exist on the premises, any accidents that may occur, injury to persons or damage to property while you are visiting PowerSouth’s Recreational Facilities. Any conditions that you believe may be hazardous should be reported immediately to PowerSouth at (334) 427-3000.
Other Available Facilities
Point A Lodge
PowerSouth Energy Cooperative’s Point A Lodge is a facility available for rent to the community. The Point A Lodge features a kitchen, bathroom facilities and large gathering room ideal for family reunions and corporate events. There are two RV electrical hook-ups available on the Point A Lodge premises for an additional fee; one 30 amp hook-up and one 50 amp hook-up. For more information on rental fees and how to reserve the Point A Lodge, please call PowerSouth Headquarters at (334) 427-3000 and ask to speak with the Procurement Services Department secretary.
Point A Park Day Use Facility and Point A Campground
In 1974, PowerSouth partnered with the Covington County Commission through a long-term easement to establish Point A Park Day Use Facility and Point A Campground. Currently, Point A Park Day Use Facility and Point A Campground are managed by a third party.
Point A Park Day Use Facility (also known as Kiwanis Island) is located on Point A Lake off of Point A Road. Point A Park Day Use Facility offers a boat launch, boat dock, fishing pier, parking area, covered picnic area, restrooms and sandy beach area. The Point A Campground offers RV camp sites and tent camp sites for rent.
For more information on the Point A Park Day Use Facility and Point A Campground, please visit www.pointalake.com.